Friday, April 15, 2005

The youth of today is lost.

At least at Whittier High School.

Never have I heard such misogynistic language in all my life. I can't believe what these boys say to the girls in their class. They treat them like shit. And these girls take it. It infuriates me. For the girls out there: Have you ever walked past a Construction yard and been whistled and yelled at? Imagine that construction worker sitting next to you in class and salivating over your shoulder. It's a wonder how I can compose myself with this going on in my classroom. Seven years ago I would have back in the LA court system for losing my temper. I figure as much as I try to tell them(or yell at them), they won't learn till someone beats it into them or the system gets them for either sexual harassment or domestic abuse. Yet how many people will have to suffer till that time?

The month of May is coming up. Historically it has never been a good month for me with such examples as the infamous 5/25, getting hit by a car, getting dumped, going to jail, etc. I wonder what will happen this time around. It's not that I'm superstitious. At least I hope I'm not. Maybe May will be a great month for me.

No comments: