Sunday, July 16, 2006

It’s been about two hours since I’ve tried to go to sleep but it’s too damn hot.

I saw a really good documentary called Dear Francis today. It’s about the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Swaziland. It breaks my heart.

I still want to go to Africa. What can I do to go?

I miss working on an ambulance. I miss driving around LA waiting for the radio to crackle out the next call. I miss getting that nervous feeling right before patient contact. I miss being with patients. I miss the feeling right after I finish a call.

But I don’t miss the pay.

2 comments:

Linna said...

check out www.bridges-of-hope.org

It is an organization that does community health awareness and orphanges for kids who have lost their parents to AIDs and more.
It's really amazing.

Andrew said...

you have a corazon made of oro.