Wednesday, August 16, 2006

In less than 48 hours I'm leaving for the big island of Hawaii and I'm a little bit nervous. Not because of terrorist threats or fear of flying for I seem to not be affected with the fear of morality but rather with another kind of fear. The fear of family.

I'm going with six other people including both my parents, my older sister and her husband, and their two daughters. The magnificent seven.

And in my case, this could be a lesson in familiar patience and conflict resolution. Not so much in my sister and her husband but within the relationship I have with my father.

Two massive egos warring with each other and fighting for control of the pack like two silverback gorillas in the bush.

That's what I'm not looking forward to.

Lord knows I love my father but I'm just sick and tired of putting up with his bullshit.

Hopefully our vacation will not come to none of this.

I rather be fishing for marlin and boar hunting with no drama.

I hope that it is this way.

Other than that.....

I had a great weekend.

Danced on Friday, Partied on Saturday, Fun times on Sunday.

Without going into detail, the weekend was very fun. Surprisingly so.

I've been watching Deadwood lately and I must say that those of you who have watched it and have not liked it, I am perplexed. This show has had the best writing that I have ever heard on television. It's excellent.

I'll be back on the 29th or afterward. Hopefully with pictures to share.

4 comments:

J. Giunta said...

you hafta get ma drunk and take pictures. and if you do, indeed, hunt a boar, (which i doubt) you must stick it in some ice and bring it here so i can skin it.

Sycz said...

I doubt it too, but there maybe a slight chance.

Andrew said...

sweet bra. pierce the tawny skin of a wild boar for me. and then drink its hot blood. and sucks to your asmar. and i've got the conch.

dmh said...

do some lord of the flies action