Sunday, October 17, 2004

Last night I spent a good hour in the rain. From about 2:30 to 3:30am I was walking around my neighborhood, letting that water hit my head and careen down my face. I love the rain. And the first rain of the season is always the best. My entire body was soaked.

There is something about the element of water that I enjoy so much. My older sister can attest to this. I have always felt in my most natural state being in or around water. I felt like a wilted plant that has finally felt the first shower after a long drout.

Lately Sundays have been a strange day for me. I have been the most emotional and most reflective on these days. I am always attacked on Sunday. Even on the day of rest they do not sleep. These are usually my days of battle.

There are a lot of people I know who are going through very trying times right now. It's so sad. I know of a couple broken marriages, break-ups, and especially depression. I know that I am going through depression right now and it's hard to fight it. I can't let go of myself because I don't want to go deeper. I know what could happen to me and that is somewhere I never want to be again. No one really really knows how close I came to the end. But God is good. He has never left me, even in the wilderness. He has taught me so much.


No comments: