Friday, December 16, 2005

Dear Drew,

My dear friend, it has a too long since I have seen you last in Austin. It seems that you are doing quite well in school and value education more so now because of your age. Good show. I am drinking Trader Joe's Vintage Ale right now and it is divine. Thank you for your kind words regarding the New Year. If you haven't heard, 2006 is supposedly the Year of the Sycz. Most magnificent.

I am so excited to see you again in the Long Beach this coming New Year. Hopefully there will be a lady there that will allow me to kiss her at the stroke of midnight and cure me of my despair. Help me Rhonda.

I must now work this weekend. I must make the cash to go to Mexico in two weeks. Muchos fiestas and tiempos divertidos.

May you dribk like a Lutheran.

Mike

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Michel, mon cheri,

Bonjour. Le matin est un papillon. Je'taime.

The days have been too many since last I saw your faces. As you bring it up, I have heard that 06 is shaping up to be the Year of the Sycz. I congratulate you. I too once had my moment in the sun; sadly, mine only lasted a month. Yes, it was "The Month of Me," a magical time that held my birthday, my graduation, my wedding, my batchelor party, my batchelor party part deux, and my honeymoon. Let me warn you: periods of time dedicated to oneself can be sweet, sweet as honey from the tounge of the asp; but beware, the hard rain does a' fall. Meaning, the coldest night always follows the warmest day. Meaning, you get a wicked hangover if you drink too much champagne. Meaning, laying with the dogs gives you fleas and god knows what else. All that too say, put some away for a rainy day.

Also, don't hold your breath for the Cubs winning the World Series. That's probably not going to happen.

Mexico eh? Heard of it. Je suis jaloux.

I drink like a lapsed Episcopalian, because that is what I am. However, I have noticed a theme in the recent posts my friends have made; namely, Lutheran type stuff. I suspect a Becca influence. Lutheran type stuff is fine, but beware, drinking a whole lot does not a good Lutheran make. That would be potlucks; frequent potluck attendence does a good Lutheran make. So I hope you like mac and cheese and lil' smokies, because you're going to be eating a lot of said delicious dishes.

Those happen to be two of my favorites.

See you next week,

"Le" Drew