Thursday, December 15, 2005

Tomorrow is my last day with my "special" kids till about the 9th of January. So far it's been pretty good despite being bitten, punched, scratched, etc.

This weekend is going to be bad though. Working a 48 hr shift, and trying to work as much as I can so that I maybe able to take a week off to go to Mexico.

Have you heard of anyone having their worst day of the year? Most of the time it's their birthday or Christmas/Thanksgiving because of their loneliness. For me, it's about the 4 hours that surround New Years Eve. I really don't mean to be downer or some poor sap that complains all the time(see: the past three years of this blog), but I might as well tell the internet why New Year's Eve/Day sucks for me.

It seems that as New Year's Eve rolls along I get in this frame of mind to see myself far from where I should be and alone. Bad things to have on your mind in the mist of being drunk and through half a pack of cigarettes. I always end up alone in some alley way at about 12:15am, wondering/praying like some sad dope. Fuck that. This new year has to change. For one thing, this next year is the year that the Cubs will win the World Series. That I will find "the one."
The year that I will kick ass and take names. The year of TCB. The year that shall be called the year of the Sycz.

So here is to the new year that shall be claimed as my year.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

you really need to get over that whole new year's eve thing. new year's eve is the best holiday ever invented. it's even better than st. patrick's day, because you get to kiss people. now, you may be saying to yourself right baout now, "who will i kiss? what if there's no one for me to kiss on new year's eve?" well sir, i will tell you: you can kiss me. that's right. i've been reading a lot about brokeback mountain, and i've decided i'm ok with stuff like that. so, be ready.

also, the cubs will never win the world series. i hate to break it to you.

kcs said...

why settle for "the one"? 2, 3, 4, times the ladies.

Sycz said...

Matt,

I'm not Andy. But it is nicer to be lonely with someone else as oppossed to being lonely alone.

Drew,

If you were only single....

Keith,

I like what you're taking about. I'm in.