Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Oh how things turn up.

Saturday morning I finally decided to have my right ankle checked out at LAC/USC hospital. Perfect place to go for a guy with no insurance. After waiting a few hours, I got an x-ray and a talk with a doctor. She told since I hurt myself 18 days prior, they were going to admit me at that moment and schedule me for an MRI to determine if it was a partial or a complete tear of the achilles tendon. Long story short, I was in bed, IV in me, till I got my MRI on Monday at 11:30am. Long wait. The surgical staff decided that I could wait and have scheduled me for surgery on Monday the 8th.

I should fully recover in six months. I don't know when I could start walking again.

So these are things I will be missing out on in the coming month, mainly do to recovery and lack of funds from working.

Toreo
Myste's wedding
Tisa's wedding
Bridge School with Tom Waits. (by the way, anyone want tickets?)

Asi es la vida.

I also must move in with my parents due to the cost of my rent, and the impending medical bills I must pay.

But things are looking up. The Cubs are in the playoffs.

I guess I'm suppose to have a deacon interview tonight on the phone. Nothing yet.

I'm also trying to figure out what to do with my time in recovery. Dmh mentioned some online seminary courses which sound good. Maybe I'll read up some more on autism to better equip myself for work.

Hopefully my parents will finally put up an internet connection so I can blog and do other internet related stuff. My pops has got a nice digital camera so I may do some video blogging via youtube. We'll see.

3 comments:

ms. tea said...

mike, that terrible, i am so sorry. our prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

you will be missed at our wedding.

J. Giunta said...

If things get too sucky at ma's you could always stay over at my place for a couple days. We always have lots of video games, movies and liquor.

~sarah said...

ugh! that sucks. if it makes you feel any better, i just found out on monday that i have a malfunctioning valve in my heart. i won't die or anything, but i get to be on medication for the rest of my life. so we can be busted deacons together. : )