Sunday, September 23, 2007

Good times this weekend.

Friday I hung out at the Giunta casa and watch a movie about killer sheep.

Saturday I drove up to Ventura to fish on the pier with J Glo. I drove through the hard rain and loved it. Rain is good. I want more of it. Regardless, J and I fishing. Or as Mrs. Ninja calls it, “F ing.” We didn't catch a thing. Well, we did catch a buzz from the whisky and beer we were sneaking. (lame joke)

We did see some possible hobo jungle residents catch some sting rays. One dude made a habit of catching crabs and them stomping on them and then kicking them back into the sea. J and I were wondering why the hell this guy would do such thing. But never would we dare ask him for fear of having a conversation with a possible deranged man. Plus I think he was eyeing our booze. Shame on us.

Later, J, his wife and others had some righteous sushi and a dip in the hot tube before evening libations.

The Cubs are close to clinching their division. People at church were asking me if I'm excited about the Cubs. Of course not. I watch every game with a extreme anxiety knowing they are going to lose it. I have known from past seasons to guard my heart closely rather than having it broken once again. Regardless, if by some miracle of heaven, this team gets to the playoffs and makes it to the World Series, I'm flying to the homeland.

I've been really into Bonnie Prince Billy's album Master and Everyone. So sad and lonely. Yet so good.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been checking the sports section with the same anxiety. How many more games to clinch the division?

eeta

Seriously said...

cool skin hat man was fun.

Andrew said...

that is one of my favorite albums.

go cubbies.

dmh said...

I was sorry to hear of your troubles, I pray all goes well