Thursday, March 10, 2005

I was reading the blog of our good friend Joey Detroit Sanders and I thought about how I need to write more on this feeble site. Realizing that there are lurkers from many different places checking the site out, I might as well make it worth their stay.

I'm having computer problems. My internet recently has been running slower and slower so I decided that maybe my computer needed to "cleaned up" and I bought some software to defrag and check for any problems. As soon as I tried to clean, my connection stopped working. For some reason my airport card has decided to not receive any information and I'm out of luck. My warranty on the card just ran out so I going to try and reinstall the thing today. Including, physically taking out the airport card and hoping I won't have to buy a new one. If it doesn't work out today, I might be paying a visit to Fry's Electronics tonight.

I had a good talk with my old EMT professor yesterday. Talked about medical school and the direction I wanted to head into. It was also the first time I got to talk about "The Calling" with someone in the field. He's getting involved with Doctors without Borders very soon. He also gave me the low down on all the ambulance companies in SoCal and which ones I should try and apply with and ones I should stay away from.

I'm teaching a drafting class right now. I wish I took drafting in high school. The students in class actually work and are creating some pretty cool stuff.

Spring break is coming up and I'm starting to wonder where I can go camping. I have this desire to go somewhere in the Sierra Nevadas. I need cold weather, pine trees, and a chance to see a sasquatch. Willow Creek? That actually sounds pretty cool. I can go to the Bigfoot museum there.

I've been listening to a lot of Hip Hop lately. Hence the Buck 65 post. I had this girlfriend about three years ago that always thought it was weird that I listened to that music. She thought that way because I'm white(By the way, one of my pet peeves is the idea that your ethnicity dictates the style of music you listen to) and I guess whitey is not suppose to listen to black music. So anyways, there has been a lot of Buck, Jay-Z and Biz Markie in my car and room as of late.

I must teach now. And must fix computer. Help computer. Stop all the downloading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I took a class in drafting