Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Nothing Like Being Told How Terrible You Are.

I'm at an emotional crossroads. On one side I have the feeling knowing my own depravity and being remorseful for the person that I am. And on the other side I have the feeling complete anger because of being told of how immature I am and completely devoid of any common sense regarding communication.

I can say that I am absolutely inept when it comes to intrapersonal relationships with women. I can say that you can put me in a situation of dire consequence with lives on the line and I will hold my own. I've delivered 5 babies, I've relocated 3 dislocated hips, I've treated bloody genital wounds, I've treated burn victims, I've held eviscerated organs in my hands after traffic accidents, I've been stuck with a needle that was just in a patient with HIV, etc. Hell, I've even been shot at twice. Now, why the hell can't I communicate my true feelings in regards to a woman? Whether they be good or bad. Maybe I'm just a complete asshole.

Fuck me.

I'm done with dating. I'm done with going out on dates, flirting, having any kind desire to start a family with any woman. I'm a bachelor for life. I'm done with dealing the bullshit of relationships. I'm no good for them.

Fuck.

All I want is to start a family. To love a girl, have a couple kids, and serve God.

I'm listening to Elvis Costello right now. Of course.

3 comments:

J. Giunta said...

are you gonna try eharmony again? or how about that lutheran dating site? i'd let you date one of my lady friends, but i don't have lady friends.

lindsay anne said...

I like yr brutal honestly, sycz. at least you say the things that all of us terribly inept singles are thinking.

Anonymous said...

is it weird that i feel nostalgic reading this blog? it reminds me of the first fleeting seconds of our friendship. you being so sad it hurt and me trying desperately to pick up your peices. how did a friendship built on that even remotely last? i suppose some questions will never be answered. im glad you're my friend. even if we never see eachother.
sincerely,
your lil' ray of sunshine.