Thursday, September 06, 2007

I found out earlier today that Tom Waits is playing Bridge School.

The website for the event says that the acts for the event will be playing on Saturday and Sunday, the 27th and 28th of October. Now, in the past, some of these acts only play either on a Sunday or a Saturday. I need to find out if Waits is playing on both or Saturday or Sunday. Because I'm going to Tisa's wedding on Saturday. And I'm praying that Waits is playing at least on Sunday. That would make me most joyous. Tickets go on sale this Saturday the 9th.

Work has been pretty rough so far. My boys have been pretty good but the other kids in class have been horrendous. I had to get in the face of one of them and I almost snapped. This particular kid actually pushed one of the boys I work with. I wish corporal punishment was still legal.

Thank God it's cooler now.

The Cubs are driving me crazy.

I love boxing. And I found this story about a boxer who is competing to get on the USA Olympic team named Deontay Wilder. He is a heavy weight boxer from Alabama, 6 foot 7, and only 21. What really gets me about this guy is that he works two jobs, one as a truck driver and another at Red Lobster. The reason for the two jobs is because he has a two-year-old daughter with spina bifida. And he needs to pay the medical bills. Now, a fighter can fight for money, for pride, and even for country. But I'll be damned if I ever face a man that is fighting for for his sick daughter.

Let's hang out on Friday.

Listening to Jon Brion. "Here we go."

4 comments:

M said...

If he's playing on Sunday, I'm there.

p.s. The rest of the lineup looks absolutely awful.

Sycz said...

that would so awesome. I would go and just see Waits, then get out of Dodge.

J. Giunta said...

You should research Jewish boxers from(I think) the late 40s to early 50s. Harvey Pekar's book, The Quitter has some info.

amber said...

my great grandpa was a golden glove boxer. his name was henry, "hank", johnson. he was diagnosed with alzheimer's at a young age. all that knocking around on your noggin can't be good.