Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I have an appointment tomorrow. Doctor's appointment. I'm ready to wait another eight hours as I did two weeks ago, just to change my cast. Though since the appointment is at 12:30pm and the administrative shift ends at 4:30pm, I could be out by 5pm. I hope. I also hope that I can get my financial situation squared away before my appointment. At least then I will finally know exactly how much I am going to have to pay.

Someone told me about a possible job opportunity on Saturday. It would require me moving away from LA to Ventura. Out of the blue. I'm seriously considering it, but at the same time, the responsibility of the position is quite daunting. It's one of those things where something falls into your lap and you think, "Really God? You realize it's me right? You can't be serious?" I like church ministry but I never, never would have considered it as a profession.

I'm listening to Page France right now. The first time I ever heard about them was about a year ago through Matt and Lisa. I liked it then, but didn't really get it till now. Sometimes, when listening to music, you hear something that hits a bell in your soul. That's how feel about this band right now. I hear a lyric or a note, a movement, and a it hits a bell in my soul.

A little over three weeks ago I week to Yosemite for a wedding. It was a bitter sweet time, in regards to all the beauty that was around yet being on crutches. I was fortunate enough to get out of the house and into the Yosemite Valley but it was hard to see everyone else go hiking and walking around the park while I had to resort to sitting around looking at newspapers or sitting in a fancy hotel lobby on the web. As a result, I set a goal for myself regarding my rehabilitation process. I want to hike to the top of half dome next October. Hopefully others are inclined to do the same and will join me.

6 comments:

Matt Pool said...

i am inclined.

brad said...

i too am inclined

J. Giunta said...

I'm not. I mean, I'll go and everything, but I ain't going more than twenty feet up.

kcs said...

ha ha, incline...

October? I think I'm free.

Anonymous said...

Jen, you and I can sit back and enjoy the scenery together, down in the valley.
e

Andrew said...

I'll go.