Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday is good. Especially since I don't have to work tomorrow.

I saw Cloverfield on Friday with friends in the LBC. I liked it for what it was. A blockbuster, monster movie. Very entertaining.

Played some fun games with the Simi friends on Saturday.

Great sermon today at church. It's so hard for a pastor to accurately convey Law and Gospel. But when it is done, the truth of the Word convicts and restores the soul at the same time.

Today we had our first Youth group meeting. Someone today called me a "Junior High Pastor." That felt weird. I'm only leading the boys on Sunday. I am excited though. I just want to teach them basic doctrine. Christ and the cross.

Hopefully I'll head on over to the Bass Pro shop in Rancho tomorrow. I hear it's heaven.

4 comments:

-K said...

The Bass shop is insane!!! It's like the size of a Walmart.

Anonymous said...

Damn you for going on a day when I can't. Damn you to that place.

Damnion

Anonymous said...

It's bigger than Walmart!

dmh said...

Theologia Crucis!
(aka Theology of the cross)
Alien Righteousness.
Next term for "Lutheran Mind," it will be my daily bread.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=KCj&q=theology+of+the+cross&btnG=Search